Friday, July 11, 2008

illla non intellexit quantum iocosum...

That woman does not know how funny...

...her latest "insights" are. Philolog is at it again, I hesitate to recommend that you read the whole post, but among other silly observations (NB: consider "pediatrics"), an excerpt concerning her latest monthly "word of the day[?]":
One of the traits that many centenarians share is that they may be considered recalcitrant. See you in August!
I believe her research process stops at dictionary.com, but if she had consulted Lewis & Short:

II. In gen., to strike convulsively with the feet, of one dying, Ov M. 12, 240.

Ho ho. For conjuring a lovely image of old folks are kicking on their death beds, thank you Philolog. I don't believe that's what she was going for...

2 comments:

AbeTran said...

i read your blog and i wonder to myself... what are you talking about? Sigh... I'm so lost. I'm not even sure who you are talking to in this post.

adyates said...

If you kept up, you would note the multiple appearances of my dear friend Philolog in such posts.